Maria C. Klutinoty Edwards is an attorney with our firm. Ms. Klutinoty Edwards practices in a wide array of practice areas, ranging from complex business litigation to personal injury and wrongful death.
Ms. Klutinoty Edwards represents individuals and corporations in a wide range of disputes. She has litigated matters involving close corporations, trade secrets, fiduciary duties, wills and trusts, employment disputes, industrial accidents and injuries, and trucking and motorcycle accidents. Ms. Klutinoty Edwards has achieved significant results for her clients, both prosecuting and defending against substantial claims.
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Klutinoty Edwards has been recognized as an Ohio “Rising Star” for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 by Super Lawyers® Rating Service. Rising Stars are Ohio’s best attorneys who are 40 or under or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
Ms. Klutinoty Edwards has also been rated as a 10.0 “Superb Top Attorney” by Avvo.com.
- Board of Trustees, Stark County Association for Justice
- Member, Ohio Association for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Stark County Bar Association
- Member, Akron Bar Association
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Community & Civic Associations
- Board of Trustees, YWCA of Canton, Ohio
- Board of Trustees, Friends of Stark Parks
- Graduate, Leadership Stark County, Signature Program, 28th Class
- Graduate, Leadership Stark County, Spotlight Program, Class of 2014
- Volunteer, Wills for Heroes Foundation
- Bradshaw v. Summa Health System, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Summit Cty. No. CV 2018 06 2553, 2018 WL 5778679 (Oct. 26, 2018)
- Aljaberi v. Neurocare Center, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2016CV02671, 2018 WL 5313527 (Aug. 29, 2018)
- Yerian v. Houska, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Probate Div., Summit Cty. No. 2016 CV 073, 2018 WL 3879071 (July 24, 2018)
- Seniah Corp. v. Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, L.L.P., Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2017CA00109, 2018-Ohio-855
- Bortz v. Freedom USA, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Summit Cty. No. CV 2017 06 2566, 2017 WL 7803763 (Dec. 6, 2017)
- Heineken U.S.A., Inc. v. Esber Beverage Co., Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2013 CA 00158, 2014-Ohio-946
- Bourlas Constr., Inc. v. Paxos, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2013CA00076, 2014-Ohio-289
- Morris v. Heat Surge, LLC, N.D.Ohio No. 5:11CV00223, 2012 WL 832732 (Mar. 9, 2012)
- Davis v. Meyers, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 20122CA00103, 2012-Ohio-1518
- CSAHA/UHHS-Canton, Inc. v. Aultman Health Found., Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2010CA00303, 2012-Ohio-897
- Pilgrim v. Universal Health Card, LLC, 660 F.3d 943 (6th Cir 2011)
- Northwestern Mut. Life Ins. Co. v. Rafi, N.D.Ohio No. 5:09-CV-0777, 2010 WL 4181021 (Oct. 19, 2010)
Admissions & Education
Ms. Klutinoty Edwards was admitted to the Ohio Bar and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in 2010. She was admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio in 2012 and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 2013.
Ms. Klutinoty Edwards is from Butler, Pennsylvania, and graduated magna cum laude from Grove City College, where she majored in political science. Maria graduated first in her class, summa cum laude, from the University of Akron School of Law, where she received the 2010 Jenkins Award for highest scholastic achievement. While in law school, she was recognized for her appellate oral advocacy skills as a member of the University’s moot court National Championship team and had an article published in the Akron Law Review (Klutinoty, M., Exxon Co. v. Baker: Why the Supreme Court Missed the Boat on Punitive Damages, 43 Akron L. Rev. 203 (2010)).