Born in Akron, Ohio, Megan J. Frantz Oldham is a partner with Tzangas Plakas Mannos Ltd. Ms. Frantz Oldham was admitted to the Ohio Bar and United States District Court in 2005. She is a member of Ohio, Stark County and Akron Bar Associations and the American, Ohio, Stark County and Summit County Associations for Justice.
Ms. Frantz Oldham’s practice focuses on litigation, primarily in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, medical, dental and legal malpractice, nursing home negligence, general litigation, products liability and consumer rights. Her experience includes successfully settling and prosecuting numerous cases.
She was named a Rising Star Attorney by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2010 to 2018. Rising Stars are Ohio’s best attorneys who are 40 or under or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Representing just the top 2.5% of Ohio lawyers, Rising Stars are selected through a rigorous nomination and selection process. Ms. Frantz Oldham has an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 rating by Avvo.com.
Ms. Frantz Oldham was raised in Mansfield, Ohio. Graduating valedictorian from Mansfield Senior High School, she went on to graduate in 2002 from Miami University, receiving a Bachelor of Science in both Finance and Decision Sciences (business statistics).
In 2005, Ms. Frantz Oldham graduated cum laude from the University of Akron School of Law. While in law school, she was an associate editor for the law review. She additionally was involved in moot court and was a member of the University of Akron’s trial team, participating on the 2005 ATLA National Student Trial Advocacy Competition quarter-finalist team.
Attorney Megan J. Frantz Oldham Arguing Before the Supreme Court of Ohio
Recognition & Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbel
- Recognized among Ohio’s 2010 – 2018 “Rising Star” attorneys by Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- Rated 10.0 by Avvo.com
- Summit County Association for Justice, Winter, 2017
- Lecture Topic: What’s Hidden in Your Client’s Medical Record
- Ohio Association for Justice, 2016 Winter Convention, Fall 2016
- Lecture Topic: Medical Records and Beyond
- Summit and Stark County Associations for Justice, Voir Dire, Fall of 2013
- Lecture Topic: Research, Questions, Case Law & Common Practices
- Ohio Association for Justice, 2012 Winter Convention, Fall of 2012
- Lecture Topic: Social Media: Wonderful Discovery, Great Pitfall
- National Business Institute, Damages in Personal Injury, Fall of 2012
- Lecture Topic: Types of Damages in an Injury Suit
- Summit County Association for Justice, Fall of 2011
- Lecture Topic: Voir Dire and Case Successes
- National Business Institute, Personal Injury 101, Fall of 2011
- Lecture Topic: Case Law Developments and Major Elements of Local Procedure
- Ohio Association for Justice, Negligence/Insurance Law Seminar, Fall of 2008
- Lecture Topic: Ohio State Supreme Court Update
- Ohio Trial, Summer 2014, Vol. 24, Issue 2, Ohio Association for Justice
- Fifth District Court of Appeals: A Hospital Can Self-Define What is and What is Not a Medical Records Merely By Where the Medical Information is Maintained
- American, Ohio, Stark and Summit County Associations for Justice
- American, Ohio, Stark County and Akron Bar Associations
Community & Civic Associations
- Director, Akron Law Alumni Association: 2011 – present
- Trustee, Ohio Association for Justice: 2014 – present
- Women’s Caucus Chair: 2017 – 2018
- Executive Committee: 2017 – 2018
- Fellow, Akron Bar Association Foundation: 2015 – present
- Member, Summit County Scanlon Inn of Courts: 2006 – 2016
- Member, Judicial Committee, Stark County Bar Association: 2011 – present
- Akron Bar Association/Akron School of Law’s Mentor Program: 2013 – present