Attorney and Partner
Marietta M. Pavlidis
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Divorce/Dissolution/Legal Separation
- Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Prenuptial Agreements
Marietta M. Pavlidis is a litigation attorney specializing in family law and workers’ compensation law. She represents business owners, physicians, other licensed professionals and individuals and their spouses dealing with family law issues. Ms. Pavlidis also provides legal counsel and representation to employers from a wide variety of industries in Ohio workers’ compensation matters.
Over the years, Ms. Pavlidis has successfully handled complex high-profile family law and workers’ compensation matters. She has settled and litigated financial issues in some of the largest divorce cases in Ohio. Ms. Pavlidis has handled each case individually based on specific issues of the case and her clients’ unique concerns.
Often times, Ms. Pavlidis’ clients are facing one of the most difficult and challenging times of their lives. Because she understands her clients’ needs, Ms. Pavlidis knows how to guide them through sensitive and highly contentious situations both in and out of the courtroom. Ms. Pavlidis receives many of her referrals from peers, past clients, and business contacts familiar with her dedication, commitment, and compassion to effectively handle, negotiate and litigate tough cases.
Ms. Pavlidis has also served as past chair of the Family Law Section and as a Trustee of the Akron Bar Association. She has been listed in Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Family Law and has also been selected by her peers as an Ohio Super Lawyer in the practice area Family Law. Ms. Pavlidis is also very compassionate in diversity related matters and diversity initiatives.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in 2020
- Super Lawyers is a designation of top-rated practicing attorneys selected through extensive evaluation. She was awarded this distinction for 2013 - 2024.
- Super Lawyers Top 50: Women Ohio Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2017, 2019
- Super Lawyers Top 25: Women Cleveland Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2017, 2019
- Super Lawyers Top 100: Ohio Super Lawyers: 2015, 2017
- Super Lawyers Top 50: Cleveland Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2015, 2017
Admissions & Education
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D., 1997)
Kent State University, Kent, Ohio (B.A., cum laude, 1994)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member: Leadership Akron, Class 29
- Member: Torchbearers, Akron Class of 2011
- Member: St. Haralambos Greek Orthodox Church
- Fellow: Akron Bar Foundation
- Member: Akron Bar Association
- Past Trustee: Akron Bar Association
- Past Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary/Treasurer: Family Law Section
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association
- Member: Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Member: Stark County Bar Association