At Tzangas Plakas Mannos Ltd, we are committed to promoting only the highest standards of excellence in legal counsel through understanding and meeting our clients’ personal and business needs. While our firm is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the most qualified attorneys, paralegals and staff, we are also are dedicated to community involvement and improvement. Please direct all contact for employment including cover letter, salary requirements to:
220 Market Avenue South, Eighth Floor
Canton, Ohio 44702
Tzangas Plakas Mannos Ltd’s Law Clerk Program is run with the intent of offering law students a full-time job upon graduation, based upon the firm’s anticipated staffing needs. Because of this, we expect dynamic and hardworking law students who are intellectually curious, naturally inquisitive, and who understand the responsibility that comes with the legal profession. Our goal is to work with our law clerks to perfect their skills so that they are ready to practice law successfully from the very moment they become licensed to practice.
As evidence of TPM’s commitment and success to the Law Clerk Program, 93% of TPM attorneys began their careers as law clerks and simply never left. We are continually growing and have 7 attorneys under the age of 40 practicing now.
LAW CLERK EXPERIENCE
As a TPM law clerk, you can expect to work with and be supported by attorneys, partners, paralegals, and administrative staff. You will be working on cases that can make all the difference in people’s lives. Your experiences can include:
- Gaining experience in many of our practice areas;
- Drafting trial briefs and motions;
- Researching complex legal issues;
- Compiling deposition outlines;
- Attending depositions and hearings;
- Working on specific cases as they progress;
- Participating in Roundtable and Lions’ Lunches; and
- Speaking with potential clients
Our Law Clerk Program is not limited to the summer. Instead, there is the potential to continue working into the school year. We offer flexibility in our law clerks’ schedules during the semester so you can best accommodate life and school.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
We commit to providing opportunities to our law clerks that surpass other potential opportunities. This includes providing opportunities to hone oral advocacy skills by presenting real cases during Arguments al Fresco and mock cases to local judges and attorneys during the TPM-sponsored Intramural Trial Competition at the University of Akron School of Law.
We understand that working while in law school can be tough. To make life a little easier, we aim to provide our law clerks with support by offering:
- Free healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack options, with beverages provided on site;
- A mentorship program with a TPM partner;
- Tickets to Cleveland sporting events; and
- Invitations to community and political events sponsored by the firm
Not all clerkships are created equal.
Bar Exam Passage: TPM’s current attorneys have a 100% first-time bar passage rate. We attribute this success to our Law Clerk Program, which is used to supplement your legal education with real-life experience.
Recognition in the Profession: Many of our individual attorneys are often recognized for their individual accomplishments by Super Lawyers and other similar publications. Additionally, our firm has been honored as a member of the US News and World Report Best Law Firms every year since 2009. Our young attorneys are routinely recognized as Super Lawyers Rising Stars. So, whether you clerk with TPM for one semester or stay for your entire career, know that you are being mentored by attorneys who are among the most respected in the profession and you can be proud to list our firm on your resume.
Tzangas Plakas Mannos Ltd. is looking for a full-time paralegal in our Canton and Akron offices. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience. Other qualifications include proficiency in various software applications, excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully multi-task and work well with others. Candidates with bachelor’s degree or paralegal degree/certificates preferred.
- Interacting with clients, witnesses and court personnel
- Preparing attorneys and supporting documents for hearings, depositions, mediation, arbitration and trial
- Requesting, reviewing, summarizing, indexing and/or preparing document productions and exhibits
- Calendaring deadlines
- E-filing and/or filing physical documents with state and federal courts
- Typing, preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using Microsoft Office products;
- General clerical duties’ including photocopying, scanning, faxing and mailing
- Experience as a paralegal
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with special attention to proficiency in PowerPoint presentations and ability to work with legal technology (transcription software, etc.)
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of discretion
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Competitive salary range based upon qualifications
- Year-end bonus potential
- Free healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided on site (suspended during Covid-19)
- Health Insurance, dental and optical also offered
- Profit Sharing (401K) – 1 year of employment
- Disability – 5 years of employment