Edmond J. Mack is an attorney and partner with our firm. He focuses his practice on both prosecuting and defending complex litigation matters.
Mr. Mack represents corporations, municipalities, and individuals in a wide range of disputes, including sales governed by the Uniform Commercial Code, real estate matters, and employment litigation. He has also litigated matters involving close corporations, trade secrets, fiduciary duties, antitrust and monopolization, governmental liability, and class actions.
Mr. Mack litigates cases involving complex legal issues, significant financial loss or exposure, or technically specialized evidence. He has both successfully prosecuted and defended multi-million dollar claims. The clients he serves range from Fortune 500 companies, to small family-owned businesses, to disadvantaged individuals.
Recognition and Awards
Mr. Mack has received an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the gold standard in attorney ratings for more than 140 years. An AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell represents the highest level of professional excellence, reflecting superior skill, reliability, diligence, and adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics in the discharge of legal responsibilities.
Mr. Mack has been recognized as an Ohio Rising Star for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 by Super Lawyers® Rating Service. Rising Stars are Ohio’s best attorneys who are 40 or under or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
Mr. Mack has received a rating of 10.0 – Top Attorney from the Avvo.com® Lawyer Rating Service.
As a result of Mr. Mack’s professional and civic excellence, the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, ystark!, and the Canton Repository recognized Mr. Mack as one of Stark County’s Top Twenty Under Forty Young Professionals for 2014.
- Member, American Bar Association, 2005 – present
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, 2005 – present
- Member, Stark County Bar Association, 2007 – present
- Member, Akron Bar Association, 2009 – present
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio Chapter, 2019 – present
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2007 – present
- Member, Ohio Association for Justice, 2007 – present
- Member, Stark County Association for Justice 2007 – present
- Trustee, Stark County Association for Justice, 2015 – 2017
Community and Civic Associations
- Trustee, Stark County District Library, 2012 – present
- Director, ArtsinStark, 2018 – present
- Member, Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee, City of Canton, 2016 – present
- Member, Ohio ACLU, 2006 – present
- Member, NAACP, Canton Ohio Branch, 2015 – present
- Member, Kent State University Alumni Board, Stark Chapter, 2006 – present
- Councilman, Judiciary Committee Chair, City Council of the City of Canton, 2012 – 2018
- ForeverLawn, Inc. v. Harkrider, D.N.M. No. 1:19CV0655, 2019 WL 6329797 (Nov. 26, 2019)
- Abington Emerson Capital, LLC v. Landash Corporation, S.D.Ohio No. 2:17CV0143, 2019 WL 3521649 (Aug. 2, 2019)
- Krabill v. Kauth Custom Builder, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2017CV01704, 2018 WL 6272346 (Nov. 15, 2018)
- Abington Emerson Capital, LLC v. Adkins, S.D.Ohio No. 2:17CV0143, 2018 WL 4771526 (Oct. 3, 2018), on recons. in part, 2018 WL 6427683 (Dec. 7, 2018)
- Galambos v. Hayberg, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Tuscarawas Cty. No. 2018 CT 03 0230, 2018 WL 3635766 (July 26, 2018)
- Bortz v. Freedom USA, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Summit Cty. No. CV 2017 06 2566, 2017 WL 7803763 (Dec. 6, 2017)
- Dean v. Hostetler Heritage Homes Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV02494, 2017 WL 1483099 (Apr. 18, 2017)
- Modzelewski v. D.A. Peterson, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2016CV01354, 2017 WL 877214 (Mar. 1, 2017), adopted by, 2017 WL 1051156 (Mar. 16, 2017)
- Dean v. Hostetler Heritage Homes Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV02494, 2017 WL 877215 (Feb. 28, 2017)
- Dean v. Hostetler Heritage Homes Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV02494, 2017 WL 384287 (Jan. 26, 2017)
- HEJ Enterprise LLC v. Hensley Transport LLC, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2016CV01395, 2016 WL 7077022 (Nov. 30, 2016)
- Shutte v. Strittmatter, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Summit Cty. No. CV 2015 04 2129, 2016 WL 5372656 (Sept. 20, 2016)
- Dean v. Hostetler Heritage Homes Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV02494, 2016 WL 2989571 (May 23, 2016)
- Huntington Nat. Bank v. Patriot Concrete Pumping Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2014 CV 02805, 2016 WL 8078318 (May 16, 2016)
- Sentry Life Ins. v. Chuchanis, 2016-Ohio-183, 57 N.E.3d 396 (Ohio App. 5th Dist.)
- DLH Industries, Inc. v. Dallas Design & Technology, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2014CV00922, 2016 WL 214117 (Jan. 15, 2016)
- Maximus Media LLC v. Arthur Middleton Capital Holdings, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Summit Cty. No. CV 2015 08 3895, 2015 WL 12990106 (Dec. 30, 2015)
- Rice v. Myers Power Products, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV00018, 2015 WL 13123024 (Oct. 2, 2015)
- State ex. rel. Schulman v. Stark County Bd. of Elections, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2015CV1545, 2015 WL 4778351 (July 24, 2015)
- Kozel v. Andrews, 2014-Ohio-4793, 22 N.E.3d 278 (Ohio App. 5th Dist.)
- Anderson v. Massillon, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2013CA00144, 2014-Ohio-2516
- Bourlas Constr., Inc. v. Paxos, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2013CA00076, 2014-Ohio-289
- Anderson v. Massillon, 134 Ohio St.3d 380, 2012-Ohio-5711, 983 N.E.2d 266
- In Re Twin City Hosp., N.D. Ohio Bkrtcy. Adv. No. 12-6005, 2012 WL 1790292 (May 16, 2012)
- Morris v. Heat Surge, LLC, N.D.Ohio No. 5:11CV00223, 2012 WL 832732 (Mar. 9, 2012)
- Davis v. Meyers, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 20122CA00103, 2012-Ohio-1518
- CSAHA/UHHS-Canton, Inc. v. Aultman Health Found., Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2010CA00303, 2012-Ohio-897
- Pilgrim v. Universal Health Card, LLC, 660 F.3d 943 (6th Cir 2011)
- Euro Development, Ltd. v. Capital City Energy Group, Inc., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2011CV00593, 2011 WL 13157047 (Aug. 31, 2011)
- Community Surgical Supply of Toms River, Inc. v. Medline DiaMed, LLC, D.N.J. No. CIV.A. 11-00221, 2011 WL 3235706 (July 28, 2011)
- Medline Diamed, LLC v. Diamed USA, LLC, N.D.Ohio No. 5:11CV0093, 2011 WL 1666934 (May 3, 2011)
- Anderson v. Massillon, 193 Ohio App.3d 297, 2011-Ohio-1328, 951 N.E.2d 1063 (Ohio App. 5th Dist.)
- Northwestern Mut. Life Ins. Co. v. Rafi, N.D.Ohio No. 5:09CV0777, 2010 WL 4181021 (Oct. 19, 2010)
- Catherine S. Blate Revocable Trust v. AMC Land Co., Ltd., Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2010CV03176, 2010 WL 11489001 (Oct. 4, 2010)
- Hoopingarner v. Kohl, Ohio App. 5th Dist. No. 2008 AP 050035, 2008-Ohio-6893
- Tomtreyco Uhrichsville, Inc. v. Dana Lewis McDonalds, LLC, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2007CV03835, 2008 WL 10921932 (Oct. 24, 2008)
- Medal v. Medal, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2008CV03098, 2008 WL 11313310 (Sept. 19, 2008)
- Medal v. Medal, Ohio Ct. Cmn. Pleas, Stark Cty. No. 2007CV01606, 2008 WL 11313311 (Aug. 26, 2008)
Admissions & Education
Mr. Mack was admitted to the Ohio Bar and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in 2007. He was admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 2010, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio in 2012, and the United States Supreme Court in 2019.
Recognized for his work in civil litigation and oral advocacy, he received his law degree from the University of Akron School of Law cum laude. During law school, he was a law clerk for the Honorable Elinore Marsh Stormer of the Summit County Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Mack received his undergraduate degree from Kent State University cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and history.