David L. Dingwell
Attorney and Partner
Born in Boulder, Colorado, David Dingwell is a partner with our firm. Mr. Dingwell has been in practice since 1992.
Mr. Dingwell’s practice is focused on litigation, probate and estate planning and litigation, and employment litigation. Mr. Dingwell’s experience and background with attorney ethics and disciplinary matters allows him to help attorneys and law firms with advisory opinions and planning. Providing counsel during critical moments remains his goal in order to provide novel solutions for the client to achieve success. Whether the client must overcome adversity through litigation, plan for the future success of his or her business, or preserve and protect wealth for future generations, he strives to provide counsel during these critical moments that ultimately define the outcome for the client.
Mr. Dingwell is admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and all Ohio Courts.
Recognition & Awards
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named Among Ohio's "Top 100" Attorneys for 2010, 2011 and 2014 by Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- 2007 - 2014: The Best Lawyers in America® (Insurance Law, Litigation - Labor & Employment).
- 2013 and 2014: "Lawyer of the Year" for The Best Lawyers in America® (Employment Law - Management)
- 2009: Avvo Top Lawyers, rated by Avvo.com.
- 2009 - 2014: "Ohio Superlawyer" by Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- 2005, 2006, and 2007: Cincinnati Magazine® and Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine® Rising Star. These publications have recognized him three consecutive years for his accomplishments as an attorney under the age of forty or practicing less than ten years. This recognition is based strictly upon merit, and it was bestowed upon only 2.5% of Ohio attorneys.
- Commissioner for the Supreme Court of Ohio's Board of Professional Conduct: 2012-2017
- Ohio Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- President 2012-2013
- Chairman of Certified Grievance Committee 2006 - 2008
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Stark County Association for Justice
As a member of the grievance committee, Mr. Dingwell has served as counsel for the Stark County Bar Association in disciplinary proceedings before the Ohio Supreme Court's Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline.
Mr. Dingwell has authored and presented lectures to the State and Regional Seminars of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Stark County Bar Association, the Area Agency on Aging, and other organizations.
Recent seminar presentations include Ethical Dilemmas in Estate Planning & Elder Law on behalf of the Area Agency on Aging, and Settling Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists Claims on behalf of National Business Institute.
Community and Civic Associations
- Arts in Stark, Member, Board of Directors 2011 - 2015
- Habitat for Humanity of Tuscarawas Valley, President 2005-2006
- Friends of the Homeless of Tuscarawas County, Treasurer 2006-2008