Areas of practice include: Insurance Claims & Coverage Litigation, Business Litigation, Legal Malpractice, Probate/Estate Planning and Employment litigation.
Born in Boulder, Colorado in 1967, David Dingwell is a partner with our firm. Mr. Dingwell has been in practice since 1992.
AV® Peer Review Rated
Admitted to Practice
- President, Stark County Bar Association 2012 - 2013
- Commissioner, Board of Commissioners on Grievances & Discipline for the Ohio Supreme Court: 2012-2014
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Ohio Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- Chairman of Certified Grievance Committee 2006 - 2008
- Federal Courts Committee
- Insurance Law Committee
- Labor/Employment Law Committee
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Stark County Association for Justice
As a member of the grievance committee, Mr. Dingwell has served as counsel for the Stark County Bar Association in disciplinary proceedings before the Ohio Supreme Court's Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline.
Mr. Dingwell has authored and presented lectures to the State and Regional Seminars of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Stark County Bar Association, the Area Agency on Aging, and other organizations.
Recent seminar presentations include Ethical Dilemmas in Estate Planning & Elder Law on behalf of the Area Agency on Aging, and Settling Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists Claims on behalf of National Business Institute.
Recognition & Awards
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named Among Ohio's "Top 100" Attorneys for 2011 by Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- Ohio's most highly rated attorneys for 2011 by Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014: Best Lawyers in America® (Insurance Law, Litigation - Labor & Employment).
- 2010: Top 100 "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Cincinnati Magazine® and Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- 2009: Avvo Top Lawyers 2009, rated by Avvo.com.
- 2009: "Ohio Superlawyer" by Cincinnati Magazine® and Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine®.
- 2005, 2006, and 2007: Cincinnati Magazine® and Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine® Rising Star. These publications have recognized him three consecutive years for his accomplishments as an attorney under the age of forty or practicing less than ten years. This recognition is based strictly upon merit, and it was bestowed upon only 2.5% of Ohio attorneys.
- 2006: nominated to participate in the Ohio Supreme Court's Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program.
Community & Civic Associations
- Arts in Stark, Member, Board of Directors 2011 - 2013
- Habitat for Humanity of Tuscarawas Valley
- President, Board of Trustees 2005 - 2006
- Friends of the Homeless of Tuscarawas County
- Member, Board of Trustees & Treasurer 2004 - 2008
- Insurance claims and coverage litigation
- Business litigation
- Legal malpractice
- Probate/Estate Planning
- Employment litigation
Mr. Dingwell also serves as the firm's primary technology and web development staff person overseeing internet and intranet operations and e-communication.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.